Take Part in a 6-month Entrepreneurship Course with
The Raymond Ackerman Academy
The Raymond Ackerman Academy has generously sponsored TWO bursaries (each valued at over R40 000) to give away to The Bursary Lottery community.
The academy offers an inspiring and innovative six month, full time programme in entrepreneurial development.
The course aims at empowering young people by developing their entrepreneurial mind-sets.
The RAA is an awesome opportunity for youth between 18 – 30 looking to:
- Develop personally
- Build their entrepreneurial mind-set
- Learn business skills
It is practical, builds up on existing skills and allows students to express themselves and their creativity. Ultimately the Academy wishes to assist individuals with creating their personal and entrepreneurial vision.
The course is open to youth between the ages of 18 and 30, who have been unable to access tertiary education due to financial or socio-economic challenges.
Applicants must demonstrate an interest in entrepreneurship and business; they do not need to have their own business.
- Age: 18 – 30
- South African citizen or in possession of a valid South African residence permit
- Grade 12 Certificate
- An interest in business (not necessary to have their own business)
- No previous tertiary qualifications/degrees/national diplomas (or not more than one year completed towards a tertiary qualification)
- Not registered to study part-time at another institution
- Able to travel to the Academy daily, accommodation is not provided
Each student is looked at holistically – this includes an assessment of their activities post matric, interest in personal development through education, passion, drive, ambitions, ability to work in a team and their entrepreneurial mind-set.
The below form is a pre-application. Students that qualify for the course will be sent a formal application form.